Round Windows

Vince Oles

Hi Michael & Vince, I hate to admit it but I hardly ever use the auto-reporting or scheduling, I think mostly because I am a one-man shop doing mainly medium sized single family (custom) stuff. It just doesn't take me that long to create schedules from scratch when there's only 20-30 doors and 15-20 windows (or whatever)... So I would throw that question out to the forum again and see who pops in.

As far as a bug when using "symbol geometry", I haven't noticed it. Can you describe it more specifically?

P

Peter

I've probably been doing this wrong for years...

In my work I'm constantly counting and sorting objects by many different data points, so I naturally try to make things countable and schedule-able. I've struggled w/ this window thing for a while.

If you create a window symbol and then tell the window tool to use that symbol geometry, then the window record format is attached and it can be scheduled w/ all the other windows in your drawing.

But it doesn't always recognize the correct wall opening.

I've taken to just inserting symbols (as symbols in walls, not as windows) and creating my own record format. But it would be nice to be able to use the record format already being used by the window plug in so my custom windows can play nicely w/ the VW windows. Unfortunately, that record format is baked into the secret sauce and can't be attached to anything else.

I should probably learn how to create my own plug in windows (if that's even possible...)

michaelk