mac pro vs. mac book pro

I realize there have been many hardware discussions but haven't seen this particular thread. I am currently running VW 2009 on a Mac Pro with a 2.66 GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon and 6GB ram. It is a newer machine and runs well. I am considering the portability issue though and am contemplating a MacBook Pro with a 3GHz duo core and 4 or 8 GB ram. Has anyone seen the performance on these two machines and able to make a comparison? I am thinking that the faster processor on the macbook may make up for the 2 less cores. Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

If I had to guess I'd say that within a fairly short time Apple will offer a quad-core (or better) processor in the MacBook Pro line. So perhaps waiting for a bit might be smart. Other than that I have no specific comparisons. I do run VW's on a 2.33g MacBookPro and it runs fine, however high end rendering on complex projects can be very time consuming. I also have a newer 8 core iMac which is MUCH faster (not to mention bigger)...