Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Texture Mapping Issue

Good morning!

I have a PIO in which I map several textures to extrusions. For each extrusion, I wish the texture to apply to the overall part. The PIO code assigns a Part ID of 3 if the VW version is 09 or higher and 0 if older.

All works as it should for all elements in VW versions 12.5, `08, and `09. In VW`10, however, one particular texture is getting mapped to the sides of the extrusion and the top is left blank. If I convert the PIO instance to a group, enter the group, and select the extrusion I can see that the texture is assigned to the overall part. If I change the Part designation to "Top," and assign the texture - and then revert to Overall, the texture seems to map correctly.

Changing the Map Type doesn't have any effect.

If I create an extrusion manually and assign the same texture, all works as it should.

If I change the Part ID to 1, the problem still shows itself (though, like above, the OIP reveals the texture mapped to "Overall").

If I change the extrusion from "bottom-up" to "top-down," the problem is corrected for some extrusions, but not all.

The extrusion is solid (pattern 2).

What am I missing? Is this a `10 bug?

Thanks for any thoughts!