Protected Tools !!!

I'm really dissapointed in the fact that Nemetschek blokked all their tools for editing. This was one of the strong advantages of VW over AutoCAD.

And why has VW 9 lost all of it's formerly incorporated industry-linked tools (stairs, wall framer, ...)? Now we need to buy 3 or 4 modules to have a complete software. I used to be pretty sure about the VW supremacy over AutoCAD, since ACAD was just the engine and with VW you have the complete car for less money... This is all past now...

A Real Shame...

------------------

Peter-

The decision to introduce industry specific products was made as a direct response to requests from our users. Users wanted much more specific functionality, which made VectorWorks much more complex. In addition people complained that there were too many extraneous features. So, to effectively meet the needs of our installed base, we introduced the Industry Series which addresses the specific needs of designers in various disciplines. Users that do not need an Industry Series product, still have the option of VectorWorks, and its general CAD capabilities.

As for AutoCAD, well, VectorWorks and the Industry Series are still a much better deal.

Deirdre Kidd

Director, Public Relations

i agree. alot of the plug-ins are very generic and simply will not do in our practice. so we have had to make our own as symbols instead of plug-ins because we don't have a programmer.

as the end users, we should be able to cutomize the tools that are provided.

encrypting is good for third party developers but, straight from the manufacturer....please.