Plant outlines

EC1

Is there a way I can change the thickness of the lines of my plant symbols after they have been drawn? I thought this would work through classes by changing the thickness of the line which that class is on but it doesn't seem to change anything.

I am on Windows, VW 2008.

I think Ozzie is on to something.

In 1:1 scale the difference between line weights is hard to see.

I tried setting the pen weight of an inner detail line of a plant symbol to 2.00 in 1:1 scale and couldn't see the difference.

Changing the scale to 1/4" (1:48) made the difference VERY clear.

michaelk

Hi,

I did sort it out in the end, you need to apply the classes, make sure all your plants are on the same layer and then use View/Show/Show or Hide Plant Styles. I agree at some scales it is hard to see the difference, the way I was testing it was by printing which is how I knew it wasn't working.

The outlines that can be rendered around 2D plant symbols are associated with the "None class" in my file. If the line thickness is changed in the class and "Make All Attributes By Class" is checked in the Attributes pallet, the outlines appear to change in the "Edit Plant Definition" window's "Top/Plan Preview" box. The lines do not render differently in the drawing.

Do other Vectorworks users have success changing the line thickness?