Rotate Views/Save Views

Is there a way to rotate a view of a design layer and save that view? I want to temporarily rotate everything to edit it more easily. In AutoCAD I used to create a new ucs for this, I'm new to VW Fundamentals having just swapped over from AutoCAD.

Ok...knowing that now...you have two options:

1) Use a 3rd-party script to rotate all drawing geometry. There are one or two scripts floating around that do this - though someone else will have to direct you to them as I don't recall their location.

2) Change the Alternate Coordinate System angle by double-clicking on the SmartCursor palette and choosing the Angle pane. This won't rotate the view, but it will rotate the cursor and the grid. You can enter a new angle in the available space. You can also use the attached scripts to set the angle to a dragged line and to reset it to 0.

I hope this helps...

I'm running VW 2010 Fundamentals, but the help program says 'rotate plan' is available in architect, spotlight, landmark and machine design... Is there another way?!

Leila

Only bad ways. The likelihood of losing the integrity of the coordinate system is very high. That may not be an issue if one does not collaborate with other designers, but if one does, it definitely is.