Working with Revit

Other may have different experience or methods, but I would suggest either: a) export your file to dwg (and do some checking at the other end to ensure they have what you think they have) or b) Create full-scale PDF's of your plans and have them use those (can Revit import PDF's?? I'm not sure). Of course there is never an easy solution to file sharing between programs. It can be done, but it takes time and patience on both sides... Good luck ;-)

Chris,

We're currently working on multiple fronts to help users exchange VW architectural model information with Revit-based engineering consultants using IFC in VW2010. The capabilities of IFC model export in VW2010 far exceed those of 2008 and 2009.

So far the progress is promising, but users are learning a lot about using good VW/BIM modeling techniques. Every user case currently using this method has provided invaluable real-world feedback and quality assurance assistance. I think we've made more progress and fixed more bugs in the last 6 months than in the last 2 years, with significant impact to the user.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to try IFC export in Vw / and IFC import into Revit. It looks like the only option for working with Revit Structural and Mechanical.

And Vw Architect seems ready for doing DOE-2 reports, in case my jurisdiction ever has any energy codes, of which it doesn't.

It would be great, though if Vw had engineer versions - the mechanical ductwork in Architect looks promising.

...Telling engineers that they are not a priority and not welcome is just stupid.Once you turn them away then you have played into revits hands IMO.

And once the engineers all go over to Revit, I bet they'll all LOVE the way it handles DWG files -- it's okay to reference them in Revit, but you've got to do it on tippy toes and wearing white gloves.