window PIO class fill override

Hi -

VW2009-Architect, Mac OSX 10.5.9

I am making some plans for a client presentation and have created viewports to the plan design layers. Typically, our walls have a WHITE fill for construction drawing purposes. To create the presentation plans, I am over-riding class settings (changing from WHITE fill to BLACK fill) for the walls, doors, etc.

The problem is that I can NOT do this for the windows. All windows (and doors) are created using Door and Window PIOs. Typically, in order for the windows to read properly in plan, I have to include a Sill 'part'. BUT when I override the class that contains the windows in the viewport, the sill is rendered BLACK, too. It makes it appear as though there are no windows.

I just want the jambs and mullions to be BLACK like the walls and the sills to be WHITE (because they are not cut in section) but it seems that there is not a way to isolate (by class) the jambs or mullions. Is this correct? I've tried using the "Special Classes" pull-down menu in "Window Settings", but it appears that this only affects 3D representations.

What am I missing???

Thanks -

Hi Doug, I have a feeling that it has to do with how things (classes!) are set up in your file. Try this test: In a brand new file, leaving all the default settings intact, create a couple walls and insert a window or two into each. Next, go to the Class setup and create one new class called "Walls" (or whatever... it doesn't really matter). Edit the new class and do only one thing: check the "use at creation" box. Now go back to the design layer, select the walls and place them into the new class via the pulldown in the Object Info Palette (OIP). Next, run the command: Create Viewport, and create it on a new Sheet Layer. Leave all the other settings at their defaults. Now, in the Viewport, click the Class Button in the OIP and then double click the new class name (or select it and click Edit). Change the fill color of the class from white to black. Exit the dialog. You should get something like the attached.... Now comes the tricky part. In your existing file you need to do some detective work to try to figure out what setting is defeating this... It could be that you have the windows in a bunch of "part" classes??? Or??? Anyhow, I hope you get it solved...