Label don't show up

After I've updated to SP5 (VW 2009 with OSX.6), not all the labels (and sometimes even text inside symbols) randomly doesn't show up any more.

I have problems in displaying Unit Numbers on screen as well as printing them out of a viewport on a sheet layer.

See files. (Unit Numbers in Class Labels-Unit Numbers)

I hope that someone at Nemetschek is interested.

By the way: It's not so easy attaching files, since the usual VW file is bigger than 10MB and uploading files is limited to 5MB. Does this make any sense? ? I have more, so where should I send them to?

Edited by m. daszenies

I agree. The 5 MB limit often requires stripping a file down before posting.

I just opened your file (in both 2009 SP5 and 2010) using OS 10.5.8.

All the instruments that were instruments had a unit number.

It looks like none of the PARs are instruments. The were inserted as symbols, so they don't have a Label Legend.

Does this space actually have linesets over the house?!?!? How cool is that?

hth

michaelk

Edited by michaelk

Michael,

that's weird indeed, 'cause I convert symbols to instruments after the import, since I need to work with them. But this example could also be a work in progress, I saved it some time ago...

But still, in the attached file (which I downloaded again from my posting) you can find the bug: There are two profile spots above "Reihe A" and "Reihe B" that should be Unit Number 346. The OIP shows the unit number, on screen it does not appear.

Even more: The *symbol* "Pacific Zoom 45/75" should contain the opening angles as text "45" and "75". This text shows up in the Resource browser. It does not show up in my lightig plot. ? If I try to edit the 2d component of that symbol I could also select the former text field, but it has no size.

Thanks,

Mario

Oh...

Since the audience area of that theatre is undergoing maintenance, our performance takes place on the rear stage area, while the audience will be sitting on the main stage. That's why they have so many flybars above the audience ;-)

But indeed, there is a theatre in Munich, where they have flybars above the audience that can be moved away from and towards the stage. Quite cool...

---

As I said, I have more corrupt files, but they're too big to post.

What I normally do is: Import layers and their objects from my lighting plots into new files which already contain the theatre's ground and flying plot. Then I miss the Unit Numbers.

This happens randomly. Sometimes I could fix the problem by scrolling up and down one page, and the labels would reappear. But now I am working on a file, trying to refresh the labels, switching classes off and on, but nothing's going to help. I am frustrated.

And it's almost 3 a.m. Going to bed....