VectorWorks2009 Cinema export

I installed the VW2009 to Cinema plug-in, and when exporting my 3d model to Cinema , I didn?t get the traditional setup menu (classes, pen,fill colors, symbol control etc etc), and all I get in Cinema is the walls and slabs, but windows glasses and all the class def.s are lost.

Is there any trick I don?t know about this new plug-in version?

VW2009 Designer

Cinema R11

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HI,

I tried arround a little bit with the existing C4d plugin and VW 2010 today, but I got anoying results.

Even if I export VW2010 Files to VW2009 and try to export my Designs from there, I get random crashes of VW2009 while exporting.

There seems to be some issue with the Export Function of VW2010 to VW 2009 also.

If I open an old File with VW 2009 and export to C4d everythink goes well.

If I open the same old VW File in 2010 and export it back to VW2009 the Export to C4d crashes....

Are there other people out there in the Forum fighting with the same Problems?

Does anybody have an idea if there will be a (Functioning) Exprot plugin for C4d in the near Future?

Hi,

M5d is perfectly right.

I recieved a mail from Maxon about this today also.

It was Part of the R11.53 update, and can be found in the Exchange Plugins folder of C4d 11.5. well hidden waiting to be used....

My first check with my current Workfile it seems to be Ok.

The Major difference seems to be that Camera's can't be exported to C4d anymore.

The field to select the Camera Export is gone, and if they are not switched of in the drawing VW2010 will crash while exporting

After I switched of the Camera Class the export went well and, for the first impression, very fast.