Double window count

Sky

Here is one that has me really stumped.

I have a 3-story house and many of the windows and doors are the same, so I used and =COUNT in the database headers of the Door and Window Schedules.

All of the window and door counts are perfect, except for the only window I have on the bottom floor. It counts that one twice. The opening dimensions are still properly shown.

* The doors on not double counted.

* I've deleted the window, and count goes from 3 to 1 (which is accurate).

* I put a new one in - it goes back from 1 to 3.

* I've switch it to different layers Mod-Floor-1, Mod-Slab-1, and so on and it still double counts.

* I added the same window to other floors (Mod-Floor-2 and so on) and the count is accurate.

Any clue as to what I could be doing wrong here would be greatly appreciated. Although I could just manually put a 2 over that box on the sheet, I'd rather have it work properly in case there are any changes during the plan check process.

Viewports are, by default, excluded from reports. And for a good reason: it seems to me that eg. the crop has no effect: all items that could be shown, are counted.

Actually, is that a good reason? In fact, it is a bad reason: counts should be able to be limited to viewports only and within crops. Thus, one could have drawing-specific (SLVP) reports and overall reports.

Have to think about & test referenced drawings a bit more. DLVPs should probably be able to be entirely excluded more easily than by complex and practically-impossible-to-edit-in-a-meaningful-way -criteria.

(Why can't we select which criterion we want to delete? The one could be #2 in a list of 20. Now we need to delete 19, then reinstate the 18 we want. Shocking, absolutely shocking. OK: some of us can manipulate the query as expressed as statements, but how many can? 1 in 1000?)

This is to the point where I can't think about it properly. But it does turn out there is a door that is double counted on the same level so I'm sure it is a DLV. I'm still not 100% clear on what I did wrong or how to correct it, so I just manually put the correct number in front of the schedule, hiding the wrong number. LOL