Import/Export

I recently asked for suggestions on exporting Pt#,y,x,z&desc. so that this data could be downloaded into a total station for surveying purposes. Frank Brault responded with a Vectorscript that would Export Pt#,x,y,z&desc. for loci, thank-you Frank. It is as follows:

{The script begins below, this is a comment line}

procedure coord;

var

x,y,z:real;

i:integer;

obj:handle;

ofile:string;

begin

obj:=factlayer;

PutFile('Output file', ' ', ofile);

write('X');

tab(1);

write('Y');

tab(1);

writeln('Z');

while obj<>NIL do

begin

i:=GetType(obj);

if (i=9) then begin

GetLocus3D(obj,x,y,z);

write('<ID>');

tab(1);

write(x);

tab(1);

write(y);

tab(1);

write(z);

tab(1);

writeln('<desc>');

end;

obj:=nextobj(obj);

end;

close(ofile);

end;

run(coord);

{This comment line ends the script}

This would be fine but in Landmark when I import my survey data "stake objects" are created with all this information attached to them. The vectorscript as it is written won't export this data on stake objects I am guessing. I can turn these into loci one of two ways that I have dicovered, I can go to ortho view or ungroup these objects. In ortho the data is retained in the object info palette but the loci instantly turn back into stake objects and no data is exported. If I ungroup these objects they loose all the data except x,y,z info but then will export that data. Question #1: Why can I not choose to import as loci with this info connected (my personal preference)? #2: Can this script be rewritten to export data on stake objects? #3: When I import a survey file why do the points end up out in space somewhere? (They need to retain their true coordinate values and still end up in my drawing area.) #4: Why can we still not choose to set 0? at north? #5: I find that the older version of VW is much easier to do DTM's on, Landmark is still very confusing to me and I don't seem to get the same results, why? #6: I could die without an extend tool, is that what you want?

Valerie McKay

RLK Hydro