Camera shots

roshob

When placing a camera on my site and hitting the display camera view.. the actual window is in some random place miles away from my model (thought it would create a new sheet layer or quivalent but clearly not) and i wondered if anyone knew why this was... does it simply find your page boundary and stick it on that..?

Also the open GL rendering option just about works although the computer grunts a bit... but the terrain seems to be existing rather than proposed... im clearly missing something but not sure what..? would be great to know what if anybody knows..

thanks

It is very east to set up Camera views, but you need to follow the instructions: first select the Camera tool, then place the cursor at the desired "camera" location (or the "look from" point") then drag the mouse (as a line) toward the direction of the view, stopping when you get to the object (or location) on which the view will be centered. Next, with the newly placed camera selected, in the Object Info Palette adjust the "Camera Height (Z)" and "Look to Height" as desired (NOTE: if your site model is way above the ground planed then it may be necessary to adjust these numbers to coincide with the site model, etc.). Then click "Display Camera View".

Also, remember that once you are in a perspective view you can use a variety of tools to modify and adjust the exact view (eg: Translate View; Flyover; Walkthrough; etc.)

Also the open GL rendering option just about works although the computer grunts a bit... but the terrain seems to be existing rather than proposed... im clearly missing something but not sure what..? would be great to know what if anybody knows..

thanks

Got caught with this a few times?

You have to tell the site model to show proposed.