Sign in to follow this  
MBMD

Text rotating itself in VW 2010

I've got a problem with vectorworks turning text 90 deg. when it's printed. It has done this a couple of times now. With text in a veiwport and text on a sheet layer. Usually I can just retype the text and it fixes the problem. Is there another way to fix it? What could be causing it?

VW 2010 SP2

It doesn't appear to be a printer driver problem seeing how it does it both printing to paper and printing to pdf using adobe. I've had other text issues with just adobe but never with our Xerox plotter.

You may have the ADJUST FLIPPED TEXT on in VW's preferences. Go to TOOLS/OPTIONS/VW'S PREFERENCES. Under the DISPLAY tab you will see flipped text option.

This option is not remembered from file to file so keep the setting it in mind when moving from one file to another.

It may be un-rotating text that was previously affected. With the option turned off type in new text then save your file, reopen and print and see what happens. Also, make sure your not using the rotated text mode.

Adjust flipped text works all the time in VW2010.

I have the box unchecked in preferences.

In a design layer, I have text rotated 270?.

When made into a viewport it rotates it another 180?.

Edited by Henry Finch