Window ID Class always changes

Sky

Every time I edit the window, it changes the Window ID class. I have to manually set it to Window-Spec every single time.

Not only that, there are two Window-Spec listed in the pull down menu even though when I edit the classes, there is only one listed.

This is driving me crazy. What am I doing wrong?

Sky

Guest Wes Gardner

Hi Sky,

Could you post-up your version number, computer specs, etc. in your signature?

It'll make it easier for others to fire-up the correct version of VW to try to duplicate the issues you're having.

Wes

Guest Wes Gardner

Hi Sky,

Initially I've found that you need to have "On Schedule" checked in the Window Settings dialog. This will then cause Vectorworks to create that Class.

I'll try to re-create the rest of your anomaly...

Wes

Guest Wes Gardner

Hi Sky,

Upon further examination, I can duplicate your issue by creating the Class Window-Spec manually, then if I go to the Window Settings dialog box and check the "On Schedule" box, then go to the pull-down there WILL BE two selections called Window-Spec. It seems however, that no matter which one of the Window-Spec classes you choose, your data WILL appear on the Window Schedule.

I'll submit a report/bug to our engineers

Thank you for pointing this out

Wes

I am running VectorWorks Architect with Renderworks 2010 SP2 on an early 2009 Mac mini.

So, my biggest problem is that I have to manually change the Window ID back to Window-Spec every time I change the settings for a window. When I open the Settings dialogue box for any window, it will show the Window-ID set to either Ceiling-Fixtures or Ceiling-Main or ----------------, which I don't even know what that last class is. If I don't change it back to Window-Spec, it will disappear (because the class it sets it to invariably is hidden).

I don't have the problem with my door settings.

This occurs in multiple project files.

I upgraded from 2008 a couple of months ago, but I don't know if that is related to the problem. It happens whether or not the window was an old window created in the 2008 file or if it is a new window created while running 2010.

The smaller issue is having 2 Window-Spec classes listed in the pull down menu in Window Settings. I just thought the problems might be related. However, it is interesting that there is only ONE Window-Spec class listed in all other listing of classes everywhere else in the program. I have not manually created a second class with the same name.

Guest Wes Gardner

Hi Sky,

I think you're right...

I'll report it as a bug.

Thanks for pointing it out

BTW, Ceiling-Main and Sills are classes created by VW for use mainly when creating Reflected Ceiling Plans. Ceiling-Main creates two parallel lines at the window or door head so your drawing will read correctly in RCP and Sills controls the door swing, also so your drawing will read correctly in RCP.

Wes

Edited by Wes Gardner
Guest Wes Gardner

Hi Sky,

Yes, I can get the double entry for Window-Spec to appear in the Window Settings dialog box...see attached image.

I've reported it as a bug, as you stated, it's confusing and needs to be rectified - the good news is that the window schedule will still respond to the data regardless of which one you choose...

Thanks again for pointing this out

Wes

• 2 years later...