Second Seat or seperate License

Hi all,

I'm in a position to either upgrade my VW2009 Designer license to VW2010 and add a second seat for my partner or, upgrade my license and have him upgrade his own license.

He has VW2008 fundamentals and we are constantly collaborating on corporate events projects and I would like to get him to start using Spotlight.

What are the advantages / disadvantages of me upgrading my license and adding a second seat for him?

Our offices are about 90 miles apart, do we need to be networked?

Any other restrictions that we need to be aware of?

TIA!

Yours.

-BC

You would think the upgrade paths would depend upon cost and perhaps who really wanted to own the software

Networking 90 miles apart over the net presumedly maybe not practical

But you can still share files by email or if they are very large You Send It (It is free to a certain file transfer size)or something similar could be the go

While I'm not a lawyer? (Lucky me!) Additional licences are, AFAIK, available only for employees of the owner of the main licence.

Since babagre does not state his or her country of residence, I have to assume that to be the Land of the Countryless, i.e. the U.S. of A. Therefore he or she can, technically, just let his or her partners or business associates to install any number of copies of VW from his or her installation-DVD and no-one will be any wiser.

Thus, there is no advantage from adding another seat. Costs money and may be illegal anyway. Just get the one upgrade and ?share? it, as encouraged by NNA.

You would think the upgrade paths would depend upon cost and perhaps who really wanted to own the software

Networking 90 miles apart over the net presumedly maybe not practical

But you can still share files by email or if they are very large You Send It (It is free to a certain file transfer size)or something similar could be the go

You can also try DropBox. http://www.dropbox.com/

I have used this with someone in England to share files over the Internet. I have a youtube movie about this