Upgrade Computers

Good Morning,

I just wanted to share some information with everyone. Recently in our office we upgraded a number of our computers. So I decided to see what the viewport render time increase would be. We do not have VW 2010 yet but when we upgrade it will be nice to compare again the speed increase. I Have attached a PDF file of the analysis for you. The analysis is very basic, and gives a general idea.

Grant,

I think it would be a great idea for NNA to issue a program like

cinebench to compare different computers, its always a struggle to "KNOW" what the real world value of spending X amount of dollars to the improved performance is to justify large purchases. It was great to see almost a improvement of 4 times faster than the old machine.

ahh side note the 27" screen is the bomb!

Bill,

Thank-you

It is a big difference in VP rendering time, Im excited to upgrade to VW 2010 in the new year!!

The old machine was a older G5.

(Mac OS X 10.5.8 4.5 GB DDR, Dual 2 Ghz Power PC G5 (970), ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 64MB AGP Vectorworks Designer with Renderworks 2009 SP5 (Build 115703))