Resizing 3D object

What is the easiest way to resize a 3D object. I can't find a tool that work like the 2D resize (select object, use 2D reshape tool, draw box and move)

Let's say i have a 36" x 24" picture frame that has a 2" wide moulding running around. How would you change that to a 24" x 24" picture frame?

VW2009

Thanks

Andy

Edited by Andy H.

Andy

Most 3D objects remember how they were made.

So if your picture frame is an Extrude Along Path, then double click it, choose the path object, and change the size of the path object.

If it is a extrusion, double click it to get the original polygon, and edit that.

If the picture frame is a solid subtraction double click it to get both the original objects, then double click those objects to edit them...

Works for most 3D objects except for Lofts, and filets and chamfers

hth

michaelk

One other thing I should have mentioned:

If you double click an extrude along path and choose to edit the path object, it is no longer a polygon (or line, or rectangle, or whatever...) it is a nurbs curve. So you can't delete it and put in another 2D shape. You need to make sure the path stays a nurbs curve.

hth

michaelk

Wes.

I just tried it. You're right, of course.

Has that changed in the last few years? Or have I always been needlessly converting to nurbs?

I've always done it the way Pat describes: make sure you have a nurbs object in the path edit space before clicking out.

Edited by michaelk