Open GL for 8.5.2??

VectorWorks 8 relies on QuickDraw 3D for rendering. VectorWorks 9 uses OpenGL instead of QuickDraw 3D. If you're using VectorWorks 8.5.2, you'll see QuickDraw 3D among the rendering options, but not OpenGL. If you're using VectorWorks 9, you'll see OpenGL but not QD3D.

[This message has been edited by Caleb Strockbine (edited 09-21-2001).]

Yes, the Windows version of VectorWorks 8 does include an option for OpenGL. At the time of release, there was no device independent OpenGL system available for the Mac.

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Support

quote:

Originally posted by MikeB:

I think Caleb has his head in the Mac end, which did not take advantage of Open GL until 9. I do believe the windows version of 8.5.2 had Open GL as a rendering option, but I don't think it was intended to be the primary Rendering engine until VW 9.

Good Luck

I'd like to know the ratio too. I use VW on both platforms. Mac at work and PC at home so I tend to notice these little differences. To be honest its a fairly easy transition with one glaring exception.

The command key on a Mac is directly next to the space bar.

The command key on a PC is the third key from the space bar.

I know this has nothing to do with NNA but, I don't know how many time Ive gone home to draw and can't figure out why my short cuts won't work, only to suddely realize with considerable embarassment that it's user error. Again!!

;^)

I'm told that right now we are selling new copies at about 50-50.

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Support

quote:

Originally posted by MikeB:

I'd like to know the ratio too. I use VW on both platforms. Mac at work and PC at home so I tend to notice these little differences. To be honest its a fairly easy transition with one glaring exception.

The command key on a Mac is directly next to the space bar.

The command key on a PC is the third key from the space bar.

I know this has nothing to do with NNA but, I don't know how many time Ive gone home to draw and can't figure out why my short cuts won't work, only to suddely realize with considerable embarassment that it's user error. Again!!

;^)