Problem with Callouts in VW 2010

MLPCAEC

I have the latest release of 2010. The callouts are pretty much unusable since they all default to filled bubbles. I rely heavily on callouts and need to be able to control them. The result, for me, is a version of VW that I cannot use. I am staying with 2008 until this is solved. Tech Support keeps telling me it is on the list and Maybe will be fixed in the next update.

To add insult to injury, since I installed 2010 on my MacPro clicking a vwx file opens 2010. 2010 will not relinquish its global file association. Thus, instead of simply double clicking a file and getting it to start in 2008, I have to right click>Open with> etc.>etc. I change the file association in the GetInfo window but it instantly reverts to the 2010 default.

If anyone at NNA is reading ...... c'mon guys ....... can you shed any light on the timetable for the fix for these known issue?

Many thanks.

It sounds to me like your bubbles are being filled because that is what the Attribute palette is set to for the Class you are drawing the Callouts in. Modify the Class so it has no fill making sure the Use at Creation option is turned on.

If you don't want bubbles select the Callout tool on the Basic Pallette but do not place a Callout on the drawing. Click on the Preferences button and then set the various tool preferences to how you want them to be in that drawing. All subsequent Callouts will have those preferences.

No. While that would be the exact proper place to set such attributes, the callouts in 2010 do not respond properly. I have been over this with NNA in person and in tech support calls. This is a known bug in the software. I am told it is on the "fix" list, but it has yet to be completed, or at least to be issued.

Trivial question, but are you trying to reset Get Info on a 2010 file or a 2008 file?

If you change the name of VW 2010 to xVectorworks 2010 in the applications folder maybe it will find the 2008 app instead. Remove the x when the fix appears.

Edited by bcd

MLPCAEC is correct. In Vw 2010 and Vw 2009 all of the bubble styles have a white fill irrespective of what the attribute palette setting is - ie. they have no control over the bubble. The only time the Attribute palette or Class settings control the fill behind the text is when there is no bubble.

In Vw 2008 the Attribute palette or Class settings control the fill for both the text and the bubble.