recommendations on drawing plans with many angles

Using v12.5 I'm working on a project that involves a house plan in the shape of a boomerang.

Is there any method to shift the orthagonal grid a certain degree, so I can work on the left wing of the house as if it was oriented normally?

Is it possible to setup a few of these grids to quickly switch back and forth?

Thanks

The new features are great, but in v12.5 you can manually rotate all or parts of your drawing and later reverse the rotation. Try this on a copy file first.

Create a new layer with some guides - a rotation center and radii representing the existing (say horizontal) and target rotations.

Get your plan and guides visible, select all, group, then rotate the group around the guide layer center point by moving from horizontal guide to position of the target. Depending on your layer settings, the guides may rotate, too. But you can reverse rotate around the same center. Just don't move that center guide!

Ungroup or enter the group to draw at the new orientation.

-B

The new features are great, but in v12.5 you can manually rotate all or parts of your drawing and later reverse the rotation.

Please never do that, you will introduce all kind of inaccuracies. Use symbols, which have an unrotated "inside". But never rotate your plan back and forth.

The Rotated Plan feature of 2008 and up is fantastic and I wish we had it many years earlier.

Gerard

I never experienced inaccuracies with rotation as noted - global relocations need care.

But Gerard is quite correct. Symbols work very well for this.

There is still that problem of rotating your point of view at least mentally to establish the framework for any off-axis symbols. So, draw the on-axis portions as first symbol, rotate that and draw the next portion as a new symbol, repeat for each new axis area/symbol, then rotate the whole thing back to global axis. You still may need a global rotation center and angle guides. Plenty of potential for inaccuracies, unintended translations, etc.

Work carefully however you do this. Develop safeguards with stations, guides, layers, groups, saved views and viewports, notes to self, backups, etc.

-B