2010 30 Day Trial

TDT

I received the 30 day trial disc of VW 2010 & would like to take a look as I'm still using 2008.

If I install the 2010, will it overwrite my copy of 2008? Can't take a chance on being without it & I can't find anything in any of the documentation that came with the sample disc.

I would assume it installs as a completely separate application but don't want to risk losing 2008 or any related preference files, etc.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by TDT

No, as Jonathan says, it should not overwrite or erase any previous versions. One thing you should be aware of is that often simply double clicking on a VW's file that was created in an older version will automatically open the file in the newer version (with an alert, of course). For this reason I advise being aware of which version you are opening (and saving!) in.

Thanks for the replies.

That's what I assumed but was too chicken to chance it.

I still find an old VW8 file every so often & when I open it I get the "file was created in an older version" message you mention.

I'll probably make some copies of 2008 files to play with when evaluating the 2010 upgrade.

Thanks again!