keynote disfunction in 10

jnr

Prefix and suffix don't work (appear with keynote as touted in NNA video) with keynote selected in the callout tool, rendering the tool essentially useless. tried with a new file and an existing one. Am I missing some secret code to unlock it? anybody else run into this?

Actually, this is working just fine.

Do you have the correct Callout and Keynote Legend settings? Check your OI palette.

See the images attached.

When using the Callout object as a Keynote, you have to select the option to do so, either in the Preferences, located in the Mode Bar, before you start, or in the OIP (Place as Keynote), after putting a Callout down.

Then you must 'subscribe' the Callout to the Keynote Legend you want. This is because, for 2010, the user can create multiple Keynote Legends that now work across layers.

When you select this option, the Keynote Legend is created. It too, has options, most importantly the "Keynote Display" pulldown. This controls both the display of the Callout and the Keynote Legend.

hey jeff:

thanks for the tips. What do you do if you accidentally erase the keynote legend? I can't find it. I had been using the callout on the annotations of a viewport but somehow screwed up and left the legend on the sheet layer. I erased (scaling in the viewport wasn't happening) thinking I would place it again in the annotations, however I can't seem to find the legend.

ideas?

jeff:

Here's another one: I am using the keynotes + legend to note wall, roof and floor types in a building. My problem is the keynotes number sequentially even with prefix attached (say W1 for wall type 1). So the next item say its a floor, becomes F2 instead of F1 and if the next should be say R1, it comes up R3 instead. The notes number sequentially with or without a prefix. This seems contrary to what I saw in the NNA demo.

To boot, I would like the keynote legend to appear on more than one sheet.

Do I have to make separate sheet layers for wall, roof and floors in order to get this to work? Seems like I'm missing something.

-J