Worksheet Import

GWS

I have a design file with several DVLPs in it that are referenced from external files. In those external files are some worksheets that I would also like to import/reference into the main design file.

The worksheets import with the formulas still intact but the results are all zero. I presume that is because the items listed on the worksheet are not actually present in the main file but only exist in the referenced file.

Is there a way to reference in the worksheet with all the results included.

This is for presentation purposes mainly so I have tried creating a Viewport of the worksheet but that doesn't seem to work.

Many thanks

I can't post the main file as it is too large but here is one of the stripped down referenced files with the worksheet that I am trying to import into another file.

I have tried setting the classes in the edit criteria and it will count the number of items but it wont show up in of the other info.

I just opened it and it seems to be working.

It is finding all the objects with the record format requested. All the fields are filled in correctly. Duplicating or deleting objects makes the count change. With the sums removed I can zoom to individual objects.

Am I missing something?

michaelk

This file works fine but when I import the worksheet into the main file it stops working.

I create a Viewport of the design into the main file (via a DLVP) and import the worksheet as well but the imported work sheet doesn't recognise the symbols in the DVLP, this is the stumbling block.

The question is, can I reference this file (Arm-Waving) into the main file along with it's worksheet and still get the worksheet to recognise the symbols (and their attached records) from the DVLP?

Guy,

I fiddled with your file last night

As I understand it - reference your file into a new file, import the Worksheet into the new file and try to get it to count the items in the original referenced file

I could not achieve anything with it but although I use them a lot I am a novice with Worksheets