VectorWorks 9.0.1 Bugs Fixed?

Did the 9.0.1 update fix the majority of the bugs associated with the first realease of the program?

I noticed that when VectorWorks 9.0 first came out there were issues with speed and graphics compatability. Have these been resolved? My office wants to make sure that upon getting the program, we spend more time drafting then fixing software bugs.

Thanks for any input,

Fred

Fred,

I believe that all of the bugs we knew about with a few small exceptions were fixed for the 9.0.1 release.

There is a list available on our web site (http://www.nemetschek.net/downloads/vectorworks/9.0.1_fixes.html) which details all of the bugs fixed in 9.0.1

There are still some outstanding issues. Most notably, under windows 95/98/Me. We are doing our best to get all of them out. But at this time I would recommend either windows NT or 2000 as the preferred windows platform.

Speed is another issue we are trying to improve in the 9.5 release. Unfortunately some of the changes in version 9 mean that the program will have to be slower. 64-bit floating point math is a lot slower than 32-bit integer math.

You can not continue to use the same hardware and expect a program from 2 years ago to perform identically as one written to take advantage of the specifications of computer available today. We would be severely limiting the program if we were not allowed to change our hardware requirements with major releases.

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Support

quote:

Originally posted by besancon:

Did the 9.0.1 update fix the majority of the bugs associated with the first realease of the program?

I noticed that when VectorWorks 9.0 first came out there were issues with speed and graphics compatability. Have these been resolved? My office wants to make sure that upon getting the program, we spend more time drafting then fixing software bugs.

Thanks for any input,

Fred

I find that there are several problems not fixed in 9.0.1. The DTM protion has several problems when import ing a points file. Most of the stuff in the Stake Objects does not work correctly. Also there is not any documentation regarding its use. The Stake Objects is a neat deal if it worked. Also The print area has to be set evertime you change printers or paper sizes. If they would put some patches up to cure the problems it would be nice rather than just having to live with them. Tech support records the problem but the y do not seem to correct the problems.

------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Lyle,

I left a message on the board last week about my problems with importing and exporting survey data into and from Landmark and have recieved no responce as yet. I am no pro to begin with and have had a rather difficult time figuring if these problems are me or the program. If you would read my message titled Import/Export and tell me what you know I would appreciate it a great deal. I have been trying also to deal with these DTM's and am running into problems I know are me but can't seem to find the solutions to, for example, why when I change veiws does my DTM end up way out in space somewhere? I will be trying again today to figure these problems out but am wondering if I should just stick with version 8. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me. Valerie

• 4 weeks later...

Nemetschek's bugfix list for 9.0.1 as only a few fixes listed as known from 8.x, but many others from 9.0.xx. I've been using 8.5.2 for the better part of a year, and am currently evaluating 9.0.1. I'm still finding bugs left over from 8.5.2.BTW, does ANYONE, ANYONE AT ALL, test this thing using a black background?

Where can a find a more comprehensive list of bugfixes, or better yet, a COMPLETE, current bug list as of 9.0.1 final release?

I've found four times as many bugs in 8.5.2 over 1 year as I found in AutoCAD over 3-4 years (R12-R2000).