Size of arrows in dimension tool

Hi everybody,

First and foremost, I'm not english so I'll certainly speak wrong, I just hope you will still understand what I mean, and could help me ! Otherwise, say me if it's too fuzzy, I'll try to reformulate.

So, I wanna indicate the intervalle between two lines in VectorWorks 2009, then I try to use either the "constrained linear dimension" tool, or the "unconstrained", or the "grid bubble", but all three have a defect I can't figure out.

Indeed, the arrows are definitely too big. Actually, they are downright huge. They hide the entire drawing around. And with the object info window I'm able to change a lot of thing, but not the size of the arrows. I can increase the all scale of my entire drawing, so then the arrows looks good. But in this case the displayed dimensions are wrong. And I cant change it.

Thus if somebody has an idea, I'll be thankful ! So that I'll not be forced to divide my hard drive to create a Windows partition, and setting up Autocad.

Guest Wes Gardner

Hi,

You can change the size of the Line End Marker (arrowheads) by going to the Attributes Palette (see Picture 5) and selecting the small "down" arrow beside one of the Line End Marker Toggles. At the bottom you'll see "Edit Marker List" (see Picture 7) - clicking there will bring up another dialog box where you'll be able to edit the End Marker (Arrowhead) size and shape.

It sounds like you might also benefit from dimensioning your drawings in viewports. Make a viewport, then in the Navigation palette (Window > Palettes > Navigation) click on the Sheet Layers icon. Right-click on your viewport and choose to edit Annotations.

From here you can add dimensions and text, and it will scale to the page rather than the drawing, which usually is more convenient that dimensioning on the Design Layers.