Export Layers Combine

mpkeane

Question

Hello;

I am trying to export a VW 12.5 drawing with ten layers and three classes as either a DWG or DXF file to send to a colleague who works with TurboCad 15. The files I have sent him all import into his CAD program with all ten layers compressed into one layer instead of ten separate ones.

Is it possible to export VW layers so they appear as separate layers in TurboCad (or AutoCad)?

Or, do I need to assign a separate Class to each of my Layers so that they show up separately in the DWG/DXF?

Thank you.

Marc

5 answers to this question

Marc in Vw Design Layers are the where and Classes are the what. Using Classes to define the different elements in your drawing will make your DWG exports useable to the recipient.

Design Layers are like multiple Model Spaces with each being able to have its own unique Z height. This provides the ability to have multiple storeys in a building modelled directly on top of each other and be able to view and work on each one individually. You can then view the whole model via the Unified View (aka Stack Layers).