which is the best mouse for Vectorworks

I need to replace my old macally Optinet mouse and was wondering how people get on with the new wireless mice. I don't like the mouse that came with my Imac because the wheel button is small and irritating on the finger. The Apple Magic Mouse looks good but can anyone verify that it's as good to use as the macally one that I find really quite precise and ergonomic.

Thanks AJ

Guest Wes Gardner

The batteries on my wireless died once too often in the middle of "crunch time" - 'nuff said...

I use the standard Microsoft wired mouse - it seems to fit my hand well, has a good wheel (for zooming) and hold-down feature (for panning) and two buttons for left/right click

Like, Michael, I think that Logitech makes the best mouse too. They just fit my hand better than any other mouse. For me, the best mouse is the one that feels best in my hand.

Like Wes, I use a wired mouse. I've tried a few wireless mice (mouses?) but always wind up back with a wired model. I never found any really felt like I was gaining anything by going wireless. I work at the same desk every day. The few times that I travel, I have an extra wired mouse that I can take with me.

I use the wheel ALL THE TIME. The wheel zooms and clicking the wheel pans. I use the wheel and wheel button to move around the drawing. I can't imagine a better way to do it. In fact, I occasionally find myself trying to zoom and pan in other applications.

Once you get used to the rather touchy method of scrolling, I found the new Apple mouse quite decent. Probably not worth the price tag as equally good or better wired mice are available much cheaper.

The nice thing about the Magic Mouse is that you can assign gestures to anything, whether a script, workflow, key commands, etc etc using a tool like MouseWizard. Obviously not any faster for us keyboarders, but perhaps useful to you. Note this mouse does not work in Windows, as far as I know.