Refresh for PC version?

Can you tell me the exact sequence of steps needed to reproduce this problem (or problems)? Also can you tell me more about the OS and the video card you are using. Thanks

If you don't want smart cursor cues to be displayed you can turn them off in the preferences dialog. Go to File->Preferences-> VectorWorks Prefs.

------------------

Robert McBride

Software Engineer

Nemetschek N.A. Inc

mcbride@nemetschek.net

[This message has been edited by McBrideNNA (edited 09-11-2001).]

When I enter into the program and get the pan function on and let the cursor go over the screen, trails of the pan hand 'stick' to the screen - this also occurs when I use the line function using the smart cursor cues. It looks like a screen resolution issue. I run AutoCAD on my computer and it doesn't have the same issues so I don't think its my video card. I'm running on Windows NT system

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by Weirdone:

When I enter into the program and get the pan function on and let the cursor go over the screen, trails of the pan hand 'stick' to the screen - this also occurs when I use the line function using the smart cursor cues. It looks like a screen resolution issue. I run AutoCAD on my computer and it doesn't have the same issues so I don't think its my video card. I'm running on Windows NT system

Autocad may not be using the same video API calls that VectorWorks uses. There's a thread on the message board labelled "video card woes", which was all due to problems with nVidia's drivers for the Mac. VectorWorks was one of the few products that used certain XORing draw calls, thus most apps were unaffected by the problem. nVidia released new drivers, and the problem went away. So don't count out the video card driver just because something else doesn't exhibit it.

Have you checked that you are running the latest video card driver for your card? And again, which card is it? Are you running NT 4.0, or Windows 2000?

------------------

Andrew Bell

andrewb@nemetschek.net

I am not an official spokesperson for NNA

Typically this is the video driver causing this type of problem. If you are using Windows 95/98/Me, you should open the system control panel and click on the performance tab. There will be a button on the bottom labeled graphics, click this and you will see a slider for the acceleration level of your card. Slide this all the way to the left and restart the system. If this resolves the problem, you can then try to notch the slider up until to you find the highest working setting.

In windows 2000 and XP, you will need to go to the display control panel, click on the settings tab, click the advanced button, and then go to the troubleshoot tab.

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Support

quote:

Originally posted by Weirdone:

I have Version 9 loaded onto my PC and there seems to be a problem with keeping the screen clear especially when I'm in a pan function (hands everywhere!) or draw tool (the snap text remains on the screen). How do I set it so I don't get this messy screen?