9.5 delivery?

jnr

• 2 weeks later...

Well officially I cannot speculate, in fact I'm not allowed to say anything on the matter of release dates.

What I can say is that there will be a public beta of 9.5 available because the MacOS X compatibility needs as much testing as we can give it.

The other good news is that it will be available very soon. I can't say when you see, but it may end up being linked (timing wise) to other important software releases by another company.

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Support

quote:

Originally posted by jnr:

Anyone care to speculate on a release date for 9.5? Sure could use those bug fixes . . .

You guys sound as paranoid as the CIA. You're assuming "other" software companies won't be stopped by the justice department or a judge, which as I understand, is still in the realm of possibilities. I also hope that you exercise more rigor with regards to beta testing than was performed with 9.0. We as users have expended too much time (money) and effort, not to mention the overworked tech support department, performing as guinea pigs. The current scenario of crashes, bugs, re-installs etc. is untennable and does not bode well for the reputation of the software.

It's not paranoia when they really are out to get you. I think that in our situation we are probably justified.

Yes, we know there were far more issues with the 9.0.0 release then there should have been. We are working on more thorough testing to prevent this in the future. The open beta will also help bring any additional problems to light earlier in the development cycle, and effect faster fixes for those of us who like to live on the bleeding edge.

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Support

quote:

Originally posted by jnr:

You guys sound as paranoid as the CIA. You're assuming "other" software companies won't be stopped by the justice department or a judge, which as I understand, is still in the realm of possibilities. I also hope that you exercise more rigor with regards to beta testing than was performed with 9.0. We as users have expended too much time (money) and effort, not to mention the overworked tech support department, performing as guinea pigs. The current scenario of crashes, bugs, re-installs etc. is untennable and does not bode well for the reputation of the software.