Site model lines in Hidden Line rendering

D Wood

I am trying to show a perspective view of my house model on the site model.

I'm still on VW12.5, so I have made one viewport with Final Quality rendering at the back, and one in Hidden Line in front.

The problem is that the site model in Hidden Line render generates lines between contours (either 3d triangles or grid) when I just want to see smooth ground with contour lines. If I apply a class to the site model and turn it off in Hidden Line, the house model basement shows.

Is there any other way to have Hidden Line without the lines on the site model?

Thank you, Peter, I think you're right.

I've turned off the site model class, converted the HL viewport to lines, then edited out everything below ground. This actually gives more control over all the lines, but it means that if the design changes, I have to re-edit the lines.

• 5 months later...

Also, you could try using the artistic renderworks and set it to "Tapered Lines". Turn the wobble down. Not sure if the extra lines of the model would show up, but it could work.

I have used this rendering method before, then brought the final quality & line renderings into photoshop and superimposed them. You can tone down the color in the final quality image with a translucent white mask, then put the black lines on top. It gives a nice effect for a presentation.