sloped floor?

michaelk

nering, it's not exactly "piecemeal". You can do some very easy and accurate roofs and the rest by using more than one roof face, or roof object, stacked on each other somewhat like a layer cake. What makes this simple is that you can duplicate one roof (or roof face) and then move it up (or down), change it's thickness, change it's attributes, etc. as desired, thereby creating the entire system.

Perhaps you are looking for a built-in tool which creates the different layers of a green roof system and allows parametric editing? This would be pretty cool. You should add it to the Wishlist. You'd be surprised how attentive NNA is. ;-)

As far as missing hand drafting, I'm with Jeff. There's loads of things I can do now with a computer that I would not have even attempted 10-15 years ago by hand!

That is exactly what I was hoping for. It'll go on the wish list I guess.

Thanks for the tips Peter, sounds like it COULD be easier than I thought. I'll give it a try.

CAD is definitely much faster.

Fixing and modifying in just a few clicks instead of scrapping the whole drawing definitely is better. I can't even imagine doing construction documents by hand either, and the time they would take!

It's just that the whole "hand-to-brain" link - it's not quite the same with the mouse...

Looks like the technology is not lagging behind though... There are some pretty cool gadgets out there.

nering, it's not exactly "piecemeal". You can do some very easy and accurate roofs and the rest by using more than one roof face, or roof object, stacked on each other somewhat like a layer cake. What makes this simple is that you can duplicate one roof (or roof face) and then move it up (or down), change it's thickness, change it's attributes, etc. as desired, thereby creating the entire system.

Perhaps you are looking for a built-in tool which creates the different layers of a green roof system and allows parametric editing? This would be pretty cool. You should add it to the Wishlist. You'd be surprised how attentive NNA is. ;-)

As far as missing hand drafting, I'm with Jeff. There's loads of things I can do now with a computer that I would not have even attempted 10-15 years ago by hand!

Sounds like a wall drawn on it's side.

Yes, or like a roof (or floor for that matter) which has components, like a wall. This is an often requested feature. It would be a pretty nice improvement.

Also often requested, and perhaps a type of one of the above objects, is a flat roof tool which could be sloped as per user defined requirements. This is a fairly typical need for a lot of commercial design and construction projects.