Version 2010

I find 2010 very stable as well. And there are some new features that are quite useful.

Unfortunately in most cases bugs are found through unique situations of an individual task or setup. I can imagine its almost impossible to test for all of them. I have had good support from Nemetzchek whenever I have had a problem.

A colleague of mine is working in Autocad on a file imported from Solidworks. He told me the file brought his machine down 29 times in one day..... conversely I have only had VW 2010 crash one or twice since installing it in late September. I doubt this is the norm for Autocad, but it does illustrate that all problems are relative to the situation, and that other platforms have similar challenges.

KM

It's worth it, I think, to be on the upgrade path if you run Apple gear at the moment. & the new tools are thoughtful; the 3D enhancements were immediately helpful. Nothing earth-shattering, but good work flow enhancement. I would like if they would leverage the Parasolids engine a bit more, especially in filleting, and in allowing us to elevate the degree of interpolated surfaces and add knots, so we could add surface detail on the fly ? but I think that sort of thing coming.