2-D labels

sys

I use Vectorworks 12.5. I has gathered dust for several years and I am just now getting around to using it.

I import survey data pt # northing,easting elev and description.

I am only working in 2-D and would like to see pt #'s and descriptions on the screen to refer to when drawing. How do I do this?

I didn't import raw survey data prior to using 2008 to it may be slightly different in 12 but what I use is the import survey data command and specify the format, of both the field delimiter character and of the coordinate method.

I import exactly the same data as you. This then creates stake objects at the x,y,z which you can then set to display different options, albeit only two fields, such as elev and description or point id and elevation.

Certainly with 2008/09, do not set the stake object mode to 'use as 2d graphic only' as it loses elevation data. Also, if you use a point id that includes a prefix and number, ie 1W1, this is not always imported correctly. For this reason, I actually additionally export the point id as part of the description and have a script that then runs across all stake objects and correctly populates the point id prefix and number.

hth

• 1 month later...