Where's the Uninstall option for VW 2009/2010?

This is on the near-term to-do list, but until it is completed the instructions above should suffice.

In reality, simply deleting the directory is sufficient in 99% of all cases.

Besides, who would want to ever delete VW? :)

Moreover: who would want to delete any previous versions?

There can be any number of unexpected and unwanted consequences when a job is brought into a new version of VW. A wise user maintains the capability to open a file in the version it was created in/last revised with.

Disc space? Yeah, right. A terabyte costs less than 100 ?.

Beware of white cars and advice provided by owners of those. Their mothers can't afford new toys for their boys.

Here in the part of the world without dongles, there are quite legitimate reasons for which an honest person would wish to delete Vectorworks.

The good enough mentalty may work for applications some platforms, but on windows it tends to insure that the opposite is the case.

Maybe so. I just don't have any mentalty worth insurance.

The "why would you want to uninstall" comment was a joke. Of course there are several reasons to uninstall.

And it's not seen as "good enough," as I said it certainly is a priority to create an uninstaller, there have just been other things that have been more pressing up until now. In the end, however, all the uninstaller will do is automatically do what the knowledge base article describes. So rest assured that is a complete uninstallation.

The "why would you want to uninstall" comment was a joke. Of course there are several reasons to uninstall.

And it's not seen as "good enough," as I said it certainly is a priority to create an uninstaller, there have just been other things that have been more pressing up until now. In the end, however, all the uninstaller will do is automatically do what the knowledge base article describes. So rest assured that is a complete uninstallation.

Right. Well? What exactly are the compelling reasons for wasting resources in such functionality, when the program itself cries for bug fixes?

The windows version has been around what, 12+ years?

It's not like uninstall was unusual for Windows 95 applications either.

The process described in the knowledgebase may work, but requiring a search of the knowledge base to uninstall is pretty indefensible.

Installshield has been around since the 1980's.

Edited by brudgers

Fair enough? It really must be a priority then: everybody needs a Windows uninstaller for VW.

(What a curious linguistic concept, by the way. Reminds me of the hilarious windowsnewspeak term ?Unhide? in Excel.)

Whatever. Give these unabombers their uninstaller so that the rest of us can get on with our work undisturbed by the unhelpful unwashed 'uns.

The idea of dragging a disk to the trashcan in order to eject it is so much more intuitive than a button on the drive.

I know the first thing I always think after writing data to a disk is, "Now I need to throw it in the trash."

With all due respect Brudgers you need to inform yourself better:

- Mac keyboards have an Eject key on them (top RH corner).

- In the Sidebar of Finder windows there is an eject icon alongside mounted items like CDs and portable hard drives.

Dragging to the Trash still works as a legacy action but it is no longer the way that most users eject items.