Door & Window Schedules

Lenb

I'm sorry if this is a simple question but I've tried the Help system and did a search here but couldn't locate my trouble. I have a File containing a 2 story house. I've used the plug-in objects for windows and doors and the settings tab in the OIP. When I go to create a door or window schedule one is created however, I cannot seem to find a way to edit out some of the columns which I don't need.

I've previously done this by editing the Door and Window Records however the file only has an "Equipment Record" and a "Plumbing Fixture Record" (which were there by default or brought in with a symbols perhaps and cannot be removed - the option is grayed out)

So I'm not clear on where the records are that the Door and Window "VA Create Schedule" command uses. They are not listed in the Resource Browser. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards Len

Vectorworks 2009

MAC 10.5.8

The record is part of the door or window Plug-in object, so you can't/don't want to edit it.

Once you have the schedule created, just select the columns you don't want, go to the small down facing trigangle over the row headers to get the Worksheet menu, and select Delete Column (or something like that).

Once you have the worksheet looking the way you want, save it in a file in:

User Folder:Library:Application Support:Vectorworks:2009:Libraries:Defaults:Report~Schedules

You can name the file anything you want. This will make your edited scheuld available from the Create Schedule menu item. After you restart VW.

Thanks for the response. I have no trouble deleting the columns I don't want and thanks for the tip on saving it for future use. What I'm not able to do is add a column from the PIO thats missing in the default schedule. The "Location" field does not appear on the schedule. Is there anyway to add in the missing info?

Put in a new column and set the formula to

='Door'.'Location'

The Door part specifies the name of the record. The Location part is the name of the field in the record.

I have a script available in the Vectorscript Sharing forum that will create a worksheet showing all of the available fields of a PIO and even includes a cell with the exact formula you need so you can just copy and paste it into your schedule.

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=108487#Post108487

• 1 year later...

Hello, found this old post and wish to ask in regards to VW2011 - where is the option to add the formula?

I have added a new column, but when I go to the window cell I cannot write any text (greyed out) let alone see anywhere to add a formula.

Hello, found this old post and wish to ask in regards to VW2011 - where is the option to add the formula?

I have added a new column, but when I go to the window cell I cannot write any text (greyed out) let alone see anywhere to add a formula.

With the worksheet open for editing, goto the little black disclosure triangle near th top left of the worksheet. Make sure you have a checkmark next to Database Headers. With this selected you should get an integer row for the database (ie 4, not 4.1, 4.2, etc.)

In the database header row you should be able to enter the formulas.

If your formula is just a reference to a field in a record, you will be able to type into that cell in the database rows (4.1, 4.2, etc.). If the field is anything other than a reference to a record field you will not be able to type into the cell (if your field is something like =area that is a calculated value, you won't be able to change it on the worksheet).

If this does not make sense, please write back.

Hi there,

Following up this topic - I have a Door Schedule in a worksheet using database information from Vectorworks Doors. This all works fine, except if I carry out any multiple object data changes i.e. change all doors to a 42mm jamb. The change will not show up on the worksheet until I open the settings for each door individually and simply close it again. After this the worksheet will update correctly.

Am I missing something or is this a glitch?

Hi,

I have a worksheet set up with database headers referring to Plugin Doors. Each column head refers to door leaf width, height etc.

This all works fine, and if I update a singular door on either the worksheet or the door itself the worksheet updates after I recalculate it.

However, if I select say 4no. doors at the same time and change a piece of data - say the jamb width - the changes will not be reflected in the worksheet even after recalculating the worksheet. The only way I have found of getting the changes to be picked up is to open the settings of each door, do nothing, then click ok.

Its as if the changes aren't 'registered' by the worksheet unless each and every door that is changed is individually done.

Hope this make it a bit clearer - any ideas?

Hi Pat,

You hit the nail on the head - the recalculate does not bring in all the changes.

I created a brand new file, using only the VW template file and standard doors and the same problem exists - but strangely it only occurs with calculated figures as far as I can see - i.e. Rough Openings (sum of shim gap, door leaf etc). Jamb widths do update after recalculate.

Is this a glitch with VW2008?

Once you have the worksheet looking the way you want, save it in a file in:

User Folder:Library:Application Support:Vectorworks:2009:Libraries:Defaults:Report~Schedules

You can name the file anything you want. This will make your edited scheuld available from the Create Schedule menu item. After you restart VW.

Just picked up this thread and exactly what I needed - thanks. Are the steps to save the worksheet as a menu item the same? (substituting 2011, I assume)

Tali

• 2 weeks later...