Error on importing DWG file

Decoyman

Question

14 answers to this question

"This usually means too new of an AutoCad version, are you sure it's an AutoCad 2004 file?"

That's what I'm told - actually the person who sent the file said he was using AutoCad 2004, I suppose it could have been an older version for the export, but not newer, obviously.

[EDIT] What does AD stand for in the description of the error code?

Edited by Decoyman

Hi,

I went a bit quiet on this one because I was waiting for a new version of the file to be sent.

I now have three copies, all allegedly different, all with code AC1018, which seems to mean created using AutoCad 2004/2005/2006. None of these will open in Vectorworks. The files seem fine when opened with DWG viewer or if opened again by the originator

I'm surprised that this sort of error crops up so readily - it doesn't reflect well on Vectorworks, does it?

Rob M

I'm using the most up-to-date version of Vectorworks 2009. When I try to import an AutoCAD 2004 DWG I get 'Open DWG Library Error 309: Internal Error'.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get round this?

Rob

dwg recovery owns quite different probabilities allowing not to change source data of .dwg files during restoring. It owns clear and easy to use interface which is suitable for almost every users.