Lines look crooked/not straight

Hi I have been using VW2009 for a few weeks now and in the last week i have noticed that in design layers and the view ports sometimes the lines dont look straight. They are definitly straight/horizontal but they sometimes look as though they are perhaps 1 degree out. this is really confusing me, and they often change when i zoom in/out. it actually makes me a bit dizzy trying to focus on them!

anyone else noticed this? i didnt notice it until this week, so im not convinced its purely to do with 2009.

Any ideas?

I have noticed this in recent VW versions. Zoom in then out usually corrects it. Maybe it's a video or display issue?

Also

Sometimes if my screen is zoomed (not VW or other software zoom, the system option for zooming on the screen) at the minimum level, there are strange display anomalies including jaggy lines which should be horizontal. Deeper zoom levels do not have this problem. This may be a Mac only issue, or just my system.

-B

A bad video card would have been my guess but since VW12 and VW2010 and VW2010 SP1 work without problems then it must be just VW2009 that is the culprit since I have all these versions on the same PC.
Not necessarily. 2009 may exercise the video card in a way that the other versions does not. So the problem only shows in 2009 but may still be a video card/driver issue.
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Wes Gardner

Hi Lucy,

Can you post the actual .vwx file. I can not make that happen on the "mac side" so perhaps it is some sort of video card issue. With the actual file, some of our pc folks will have a look.