Panning tears display - is VW2010 really useable?

I just loaded VW2010 including the SP1 update. I am running on a MacBook Pro, OSX 10.5.8. Anytime a zoom followed by a pan is done using the trackpad, the display tears, producing an incoherent graphic display. It does this on drawn objects, the print boundary, the grid, everything.

I had a somewhat similar issue with 2009 and there was a script to run which more or less fixed it. Still a bunch of display anomalies remain, but it was useable. I ran the same script on 2010 with no effect. Toggling the Quartz imaging setting makes no difference.

To duplicate, simply pan so that part of a drawing is off screen, zoom using a two finger gesture, then pan back using the hand tool (all on the track pad). A redraw usually straightens it up again (but not always). Example screen shot attached.

There must be a fix for this?

"Updating video drivers" is something that is taken care of automatically in OSX as far as I know. It isn't like Windows where you have to poke all around the system. The system configuration is in the body of the email: MacBook Pro running OSX 10.5.8. This is the latest 10.5 OS.

This is Architect with Renderworks, but none of that makes any difference, this is a Fundamental problem, to coin a pun.

That does seem to work, though it gives poor control over where the zoom happens, and how much zoom you get.

I'm not sure why Vectorworks can't get this right. Others do, even Windows apps running under VMWare. There are also continuing problems with selection highlights. I guess my preference would be to have the existing problems fixed, before bringing out new versions. To ask the customer to pay $500 a year for each new version, when some of these problems date back to at least VW12 or before, seems callous to the user base. Maybe I am alone in these sentiments.

I had a somewhat similar issue with 2009 and there was a script to run which more or less fixed it. Still a bunch of display anomalies remain, but it was useable. I ran the same script on 2010 with no effect. Toggling the Quartz imaging setting makes no difference.

Can someone point me in the direction of the script for this for 2009?

Thanks

"Updating video drivers" is something that is taken care of automatically in OSX as far as I know. It isn't like Windows where you have to poke all around the system

Mmmmm - yesterday I updated my video driver - went to the cards manufacturers web site - there my puter was checked - hey here use this driver - download and install - all done

What is this poking about stuff

geee

Mmmmm - yesterday I updated my video driver - went to the cards manufacturers web site - there my puter was checked - hey here use this driver - download and install - all done

What is this poking about stuff

geee

Absolutely none of that is ever necessary on a MacIntosh. If you are a long time Windows user you are used to it, if you are a long time Mac user you might look at that as an annoying waste of time. But I digress....

Search the knowledge base for "Redraw", you will find the script for VW2009. It does not work on 2010.

However after a lot of experimenting I have discovered that a) any operation between the gesture initiated zoom and the pan will cause it to pan properly; and b) if the Hand tool is selected with the space bar to do the pan, it will pan properly (even if the Hand tool is already selected!). I think that gives me a useable workaround until such time as VW can properly fix the problem.

That is computers

some people prefer lifestyle products.

Oh yes, we do! Our lifestyle is such that we do not want to have any hassles with our computers nor do we want to know anything about them. We expect them just to work, like refrigerators, TVs and other appliances.

We're beyond the Fascination of Crank Starting our cars of any colour after Adjusting the Throttle, Fuel Mix and Ignition, too. We're grown-ups, you see, sipping our Mint Juleps on the Porch while Kids play with their PCs, shaking our graying heads on the Innocent Pleasures of Childhood.