VectorScript Plug-in Editor

Doing the 908 ShortSharp training module from Jonnathan Pickup, to change plug-in parametric objects in order to use our own metric dimensions, and use of alternate names;

I want to include the Net Glazing area in my reports, but this value is just a fixed value; if I change the window dimensions I don?t get the new glazing area.

It seams there are certain rules using this editor:

1. Can we edit the Name? Or just the alternate name?

2. Certain alternate names begin with a _underscore, why?

3. Can we edit the parameters after #99?

4. Can we change to metric units? If I change them, they don?t appear,and they are not used. (yes I enter the units at the end)

Where can I find advanced Vectorworks manuals and information about plug-in objects, advanced use of worksheets, VectorScript etc etc.?

Thanks

Santiago Ribas

Edited by SantiagoR

1. Just the alternate name

2. You must mean the Name. The double underscore hides the field until its visibility is turned on.

3. Explain further. What do you mean by #99?

4. Dimension fields already have values for metric and english units. If your document has metric units, the metric value will appear in the OIP as the default value.

5. The starting point would be the VW help with Vectorscript being the last chapter. After that, you can research further on the NNA website under Support->Vectorscript.