No dual monitors

It is sad to say that VW9 does not support dual monitors.

I spoke to tech support today and was told "it is a known bug"

GREAT!

So far I have been extremely dissapointed with VW spotlight, and VW9.

I am reistalling VW8.5.2 untill Nemetchek can get their act together.

I find it pathetic that they would release a product that was not ready to be used.

They claim to have had an uber amount of testing hours, but nobody bothered to set up dual monitors?

I find that hard to believe.

quote:

Originally posted by Ves Mandaric:

How do you use dual monitors? I have 8.52 and that is imposible, better say useless. VW does not support Framing so you can not open multipple windows/views.

Could it be an OS platform issue?

I certainly hope it's not VW9.

My Mac OS 8.6 setup has been one desktop across two monitors for years. Since Minicad 7 (and 6? I forget) and now VW8.5.2 I've kept my Resource, Object Info, Working Planes, Object Browser and Saved Sheet palettes on the second monitor. In fact, I know of dozens of VW8.5.2/Mac users doing this. Some, like me, would never go back to single monitor.

In fact I'm looking deep into my wallet to possibly expand to three monitors!

I think all you need is the proper extra video card.

quote:

Originally posted by Ves Mandaric:

Originally posted by Hannes:

I use dual Monitors with no problem here

VW 9.0.0 on Win 2000

How do you use dual monitors? I have 8.52 and that is imposible, better say useless. VW does not support Framing so you can not open multipple windows/views.

That's right, VW does not support multiple views in several windows.

A big wish!

I move most of the tool palettes, the Objectinfo, attribute palette, resource palette and Object browser to the second monitor to clean up my main monitor.

Win 2000 supports up to 10 monitors,

you just need one grafic card for each monitor.

Hannes

VectorWorks 9 supports dual monitors. I work in it everyday as with other engineers here. There is one bug with dual monitors on Windows in the area of palette positioning. If you have your secondary monitor setup so that it is to the right of your primary (I am not talking about the physical location but the logical location in terms of the coordinate system), and you place the VW app window on the primary monitor and the palettes on the secondary monitor the x coordinate of the palette position is not remembered when you exit and reopen VW. If you run into this problem you can remedy it by making your secondary monitor into your primary, then work as you normally do. Hope that helps convince you that VW does support dual monitors,

------------------

Robert McBride

Software Engineer

Nemetschek N.A. Inc

mcbride@nemetschek.net

• 4 weeks later...

The bug with palette positioning on dual monitors is now fixed. In the next release it should work fine.

As a side note this bug was not from faulty code in VW, but rather from faulty code in a Windows library we use... it is a Microsoft bug believe it or not.

------------------

Robert McBride

Software Engineer

Nemetschek N.A. Inc

mcbride@nemetschek.net