Space tool: link two storeys?

• 3 years later...

Wes, thanks for this but what we're after is the ability to display the floor area of an entire flat over two storeys in the Space Label.

So imagine you have a duplex/maisonette flat. The ground floor is 50 m2 and the first floor is 50 m2. We'd like to have a Space label that could add those two areas together and display them on the floor plan.

I guess the challenge is, fundamentally speaking; is whether or not a "label" can be linked to two or more objects to obtain info about the different objects. I don't suspect that to be possible given what I have seen with VW. Perhaps more of the programmers and custom PIO people know if this is true or not.

A workaround could be adjusting the "Gross Area Modifier" by 100 percent (or by whatever percent is relevant), thus doubling the gross area. That way you can use the existing space labels and know that the gross area is properly adjusted. I believe you could create a custom "Label" as well which says exactly what you want it to say.

hope this helps.

Matt