metric as default?

In the DXF DWG Import Options dialog box, the can choose the units for both Model Space and Paper Space. Model Space Units are by default set to Determine Automatically, you may want to set this to the metric unit of your choice.

Vectorworks 2010 now has a pull down menu to save .dwg import options.

Thanks Ray. The automatic default setting is the problem - it always choses imperial. The problem is it has to be set again and again and sometimes the settings are saved to the next import, sometimes not, I have to check every time.

The VW2010 feature seems to be just what I need.

I understand the US and to some extent Canada still switch between imperial and metric, but we haven't for centuries. So what I would like to do is to shut down all imperial options in VW. There should be a basic preference button: imperial or metric.

Imagine VW asking you if you want dimensions in nautic miles each time you import a dwg file. It ends up getting annoying.

Are you happy with 2010 generally speaking? I have to wait for the mac snowcat version to be available...