image background colour transparent

Uli

Hi,

can anybody show me a simple way to make the background colour of an image transparent. I can't find a solution or I missed it. I have a white background of an imported georeferenced file and I just search a box to set i.e. pixel with colour 1 to be transparent or something like that.

Uli

Hi monkey,

thank you very much for the reply, but as I wrote, I have a georeferenced file and if you save that in Photoshop you loose the settings. So if anybody knows a way inside VW, I would be happy. I think that must be a standard tool for any better CAD program.

Uli

Good day Uli

Which version of VW do you have?

Add this and your OS in your signature for all future posts.

I VW12.5, You would edit image>Select Image Color as color.

Select Mask Transparency as Transparency>Reuse Image(selecting the same image you are using>Transparent color>Pic what you need to make transparent.

Hope this helps as newer/other versions might be different.

Hi Carl,

thank you, I think that is what I am looking for, but I can?t find the commands you posted. I only found the right click edit menu but there I can't find: Select image as color alo I can't find mask transperency and the manual, in that case, is no big help for me. Maybe I overlooked something or I don't understand the procedure. Up to now I only know the procedure from other programs: select pixel colour -> set transparent.

Thanks

Uli

Good day Uli

I just went back to your first post, and noted that you said it is a georeferenced file. Not to sure if this behaves in the same manner as a normal texture or not.

You also said you loose the functions when saving it in PS.

What format do you save it in? If you save as a .GIF file it will keep the background clear/transparent.

I do not know of another way to do it in VW.

Hope this helps you

Hi Carl,

the problem is, that VW can not import georeferenced files without a world file (lat,long). So if you edit that file, regardless the format, in PS, it will loose the placement in geography. Anyway I tried to open a gif file in VW, with a transparent background in PS, but the background was black in VW. I think I have to experiment a little bit with the settings and the format to find a way.

Thanks again for every help.

Uli

Good day Uli

I understand a bit better now the situation you have with the file. Maybe posting in the Landmark section you could get better attention from someone who has the same setup.(if you have not done this).

The texture seems to be black cuase you have not RenderWorks. Pity VW is setup this way.

Sorry I could not be of more assistance.

Keep Well