Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

VW2010 Modern Dialogs

J. Miller

I have a modern dialog that builds a group of check boxes based on information in the drawing. I arbitrarily started these check boxes at 601 and built from there.

In VW2009 this worked flawlessly , but in 2010 it became broken.

Poking around with the code i change the starting number to 201 for the check boxes. This edit fixed the problem.

Are there new rules in VW2010 limiting the counts to a modern dialog, or is this just an oddity?

Thanks in Advance

Jeff Miller

Hi Jeff,

???There is a limit to ID numbers in Modern Dialogs, but I don't know where it's documented, if at all. I think it was posted once, but it's an arbitrary value, and if I recall correctly the value was 400, 3-400 to be more precise, where 1 & 2 are reserved for the OK and Cancel button ID #'s. Other values are used internally by NNA.

???You can test for the limit pretty easily with a dummy dialog and increase the number of an item until it fails. I don't know if the limit value changes between versions so test that, too. If you're feeling really generous, you can post your results here. ;-)

Raymond