Advice on how to present a set visual

Hello all -

Was wondering if I could get some advice - I am not the most creative of people!

I have designed a set - which like all my sets is functional and relatively simple to build and tour.

I would like to give my client a 3d render / visual of it - so they get a good idea of what they are getting. However, I don't want to spend hours modelling and rendering the venue (it changes anyway) but when I have the set without a room - it looks like it is floating in space and you can't see the scale perspective.

What I would like (I think) - is to create a generic white room with a sketch style - so that the background obviously isn't trying to pretend to be a real room.

So - question is - do you think making a black and white sketchy, stylised room is a good idea? If not do you have any others and

- if that is a good idea, is it possible to apply a sketch rendering style to the background, but keep the actual set as fast RW?

Any help much appreciated!

Andrew

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Andrew et al,

Yes. CameraMatch 2010 has just been released! It was a slightly premature since it requires VW 2010 SP1. VW 2010 SP1 was just released today.

If anyone has any questions, comments, suggestions (or wisecracks), let me know.

-Matt