Issue with 2010 & Television, Video Screen, & Blended Screen plug-ins

Installed 2010 and have been trying to use the "Video Screen" tool (as well as the Television & Blended Screen tools) to no avail. Every time I select one I get the following: "The Plug-in tool "Television" [Video Screen, Blended Screen] could not be selected. Check to make sure it is in you "Plug-ins" folder." This has been going since Friday when I was previewing the "student" version. I received my boxed version today, deleted the previous version of VW2010 as well as ALL the user preferences and ALL Application supports to avail. I have used a different user account and the problem is still there. I went to try it on my home machine, but alas, VW2010 does not support the PowerPC chip set.

Does anyone have any solutions? Tech Support did say that if the problem was still there I should call them back, but considering it's 7:03 EST I will have to wait until tomorrow, so I was just putting it out there.

I am running VW2010 on a MacBook Pro, OS 10.5.8. My version of (as stated before) VW2010 (Build 112199)

Any suggestion would be very welcomed, but take in mind that I have already un-installed and re-installed the program 3 times, deleted all user preferences and application support files (3 times as well). Used a different user, and changed the "Sharing & Permission" options as well ... all to no avail.

I need to set up a video screen for one of the the projects I am currently working on so would like to get this working.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Since 'VideoScreen' is technically a third-party plug-in from Landru Design that's been bundled with Spotlight 2010- have you tried getting support directly from them?

following quoted from NNA Forum topic New VideoScreen Software!

Second, versions of the VideoScreen tools are part of the currently shipping version of Spotlight 2010. These tools are the result of several months of our working closely with Nemetschek in an effort to bring high quality, stable, and productive video tools into Spotlight. Our partnership was a logical and efficient way to combine resources to raise the quality level of an already solid set of tools, making them more unified, more powerful, and even easier to use. We are all incredibly pleased with the results of this joint effort.

Landru Design will continue to develop, sell, and support the VideoScreen tools alongside those included in Spotlight. Though the Spotlight tools represent a bulk of the new features and the core functionality that has so boosted many users' productivity over the years, additional features in Landru Design's VideoScreen 4 provide even more value, giving you great reasons to upgrade and continue using our tools.

HTH,

Tim

PowerPC -

I'm sorry you're having difficulty.

First off, your contacting NNA directly w. the issue was the correct avenue to pursue. They are supporting all of the tools that are part of the Spotlight package - including Video Screen and its siblings. Landru Design will support the tools purchased directly from us.

That being said...

What you're describing sounds like an installation problem - though an odd one. A few questions for you:

1) Did you set up User Folders for VW2010? If so, did you include those in what you erased in-between installs?

2) Are both the student VW version and your commercial VW version either Spotlight or Designer?

3) Are you using the stock Spotlight Workspace that is provided when you install Spotlight or Designer?

4) Did Tech Support walk you through editing your Workspace? If not, I'd try deleting the 3 wayward tools from your Workspace and then re-adding them.

Let's start there...

Hi Andrew,

Thank you SO MUCH for your response. To answer your questions:

1) No I did not create User Folders for VW2010 (at least not that I know of).

2) Both were/are the full Designer package (with architect, designer, fundamentals, landmark, machine design & spotlight).

3) Yes I am using the stock workspace.

4) They tried to, but we noticed that the none of the 3 plug-ins were showing up under the spotlight drop down in the "workspace editor" (see attached file ... I've also attached a 2nd file showing that the plug-ins are there)

Where do we go from here ...

PowerPC -

I'm sorry you're having difficulty.

First off, your contacting NNA directly w. the issue was the correct avenue to pursue. They are supporting all of the tools that are part of the Spotlight package - including Video Screen and its siblings. Landru Design will support the tools purchased directly from us.

That being said...

What you're describing sounds like an installation problem - though an odd one. A few questions for you:

1) Did you set up User Folders for VW2010? If so, did you include those in what you erased in-between installs?

2) Are both the student VW version and your commercial VW version either Spotlight or Designer?

3) Are you using the stock Spotlight Workspace that is provided when you install Spotlight or Designer?

4) Did Tech Support walk you through editing your Workspace? If not, I'd try deleting the 3 wayward tools from your Workspace and then re-adding them.

Let's start there...

Edited by PowerPC

5th Answer: None of the video tools show up under either view ... I have attached 3 photos showing the sections they should be in (B - Blended Screen, V- Video Screen, and T - Television as well "Recent Changes")

OK... 5th question:

If you click the triangle/arrow next to "All Tools" or "Recent Changes" in the Workspace Editor, do the video tools show up?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

PowerPC,

We isolated the problem to the student version and it will be fixed with the next update but we are not sure why you are having a problem with your professional version.

Please contact tech support.

They will want to check your serial number and probably check/delete some other files to make sure VW is using the professional serial number.

Kevin

Thanks, glad I was able to "Beta" test the Student Version :-)

PowerPC,

We isolated the problem to the student version and it will be fixed with the next update but we are not sure why you are having a problem with your professional version.

Please contact tech support.

They will want to check your serial number and probably check/delete some other files to make sure VW is using the professional serial number.

Kevin