Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Edit Button in PIO object info Pallet/ Edit Dialog

?Events

How to enable the extended plug-in properties and handle script specified events. By Charles Chandler.?

http://www.vectorlab.info/index.php?title=Events

Plenty of examples.

?Extended Properties

Using the Extended Properties features, more behaviors are available to VectorScript objects.

Before you start using these advanced features, you should understand that PIOs that use them are three times more complicated than PIOs that do not. The nice thing about "regular" VectorScript objects is that you can get decent results with a minimum of effort. You may not be able to get exactly the behaviors that you want, but what you do get, you get easily. ?

Maybe Mr. Chandler exaggerates a bit, but the complexity (and, I'm afraid, unpredictability) is an issue to consider. If you can live with a less-than-perfect user interface, a Boolean parameter to bring up the dialog would be much easier to implement.

EDIT

But, hey, it is doable! Even I've managed to get a PIO or two to occasionally have and use buttons.

Knowing nothing about your program structures, but assuming a thing or two: the ?main? sections have to be restructured. There are caveats: my favourite one is that responsiveness to the Text menu (obj var boolean 800) has to be in the reset loop although it would be logical to require that only in the init section.

Edited by Kool Aid