Class None Issue

I'm having problems with the None class settings. I'll set the None class' fill style to none, save the file, then close it and reopen it. When it is reopened, the None class' fill style is set to solid. Since my file references other VW files, i've opened those and changed the fill style on the None class to none, saved, and repeated the process for all the drawings. However, this still doesn't seem to hold and the None class always goes back to solid. Is this a VW default setting? The I can change the line weight, line color etc. seperately in each drawing without issue (but usually keep them the same for the sake of consistency).

Our office will be switching over to VW2010 next week, has anyone come across the same issue in the newer version as well?

Thanks,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

When i changed the settings to "Use At Creation" it changed all existing objects on the None layer to the class settings. Since i had different settings on individual objects all on the None layer, this screwed things up, but lesson learned that i really should be creating new classes for objects with different attributes.

Moehl, Yes, that's correct. The "none" class is a sort of default class which is always present and can (should) contain all objects that are not on any other class. My normal workflow is to create new classes on the fly and as needed. If you do this then you can create objects in the None class and then move them (via the Object Info Palette Pulldown) to another class as needed.

Also remember if you do a "Save As" before making major changes, you can always go back to the prior saved document if something unwanted occurs. And there's always the "Undo" command!