VW 2011

....BIM is a reality , and VW2009-2010 is not taking it seriously.

I still can?t have a decent way of defining all the layers that are part of walls, floors and ceilings.

I need a worksheet to measure a wall, and I still can?t define a way to measure it by the interior perimeter.

I still can?t do a solar/shadow impact study during a typical day.

I still don?t have a decent interface dealing with IFC classification system.

I still don?t have a decent interface dealing with floors and ceilings.

("Decent interface" is a window, where I can define all aspects that define in a realistic way, this basic building elements that define a space.)

VectorWorks2008-2009-2010 are still improved versions of 1986 MiniCAD.

I?ll pass 2010

Santiago Ribas

Arquitectura Bioclim?tica

Porto

VectorWorks2008-2009-2010 are still improved versions of 1986 MiniCAD

If that statement is intended to be condescending, try telling it to the CEO who was hired in '86 as a programmer by the creator of MiniCad.

I'm certain that you will get an earful ...

Just because VW is not currently the pre-imminent BIM application doesn't mean that it

lacks significant strengths in other important areas of CAD design and production.

For many long term Users a predictable GUI is essential to consistent workflow.

....BIM is a reality , and VW2009-2010 is not taking it seriously.

I still can?t have a decent way of defining all the layers that are part of walls, floors and ceilings.

I need a worksheet to measure a wall, and I still can?t define a way to measure it by the interior perimeter.

I still can?t do a solar/shadow impact study during a typical day.

1) I generally put the walls, floors and ceilings on separate classes -- not layers. And wall cavities can be turned off in a view.

2) There is a decent way to measure interior dimensions of rooms - the Space Tool.

3) A typical day could be any day you choose. Solar animation works very well, as demonstrated in Francois Levy's Green Demonstration .